Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowflake Attempt

New Fish
This project didn't turn out like I originally envisioned.  I thought we could make snowflake designs in the girls' watercolor paintings by blocking the paint with strips of contact paper.  I made the mistake of cutting the strips before I peeled the backing and it took me forever to peel each stip. We need more strips with more variation of size.  Red Fish was able to stick hers to the paper well enough to block quite a bit of paint but New Fish didn't stick most of hers well enough.  They still leave an interesting imprint.  The girls flicked metallic watercolors over their paintings and that turned out to be the most interesting part of the paintings.  Overall, it is more about the process than the product for us and the girls thoroughly enjoyed making their paintings.  That's what really matters.
Colorations Liquid Watercolor Paint 8 oz.

Red Fish

0 comments:

Post a Comment