Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mommy Date

Just before Christmas, I got to spend an afternoon with Lovely L and her daughter Miss C.  Red Fish was skiing with Two Fish so I just took my little blondie with me for the afternoon.  It was the first playdate that New Fish had ever been on all by herself. There is usually an older sibling leading the pack. New Fish and Miss C immediately declared each other "best friends yay!" and spent the whole afternoon playing princess and tea party.  It was the most fabulous afternoon for all of us.  I got to chat with Lovely L and New Fish was in absolute heaven with her little friend.

That best friend love is some powerful stuff.  I'm so sad the two of them don't get to see more of each other because they had an immediate bond.  After leaving, I spent 45 minutes on the side of the road trying to get New Fish buckled back into her car-seat while she had the epic tantrum of the century. She had the strength of a titan. She was so angry she actually managed to unbuckle herself and I thought Two Fish was going to have to come pick us up.  Leaving Miss C was traumatic for New Fish.  She kept saying: "Not fair - I love [miss C]!"  I tried everything under the sun to get her back in her seat and finally tried having her talk to Pop Pops on the phone.  Two seconds after having my Dad talk to her on the phone she fell asleep and we were able to go home.  The afternoon was great enough to overcome even this titanic tantrum.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

How cute, yet frustrating for you!!!

Post a Comment