- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups salt
- Food coloring
- 3 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 10 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups flour
Mix water, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring. Heat on low and stir regularly. Add oil and flour. Stir until playdough is no longer sticky. Knead thoroughly after the dough cools.
Also, many of you may or may not know that the federal adoption tax credit of $10,150 (2009) is set to expire at the end of 2010. This tax credit makes it possible for many of us to afford otherwise unaffordable adoptions. Losing this benefit would make it nearly impossible for some families to ever adopt. There is a Bill (HR 213) which was written to make this tax credit permanent, but we need to get it passed. We are calling for the help of you and especially your out of state families. Here is how you can help:
1. Find the name and Washington, D.C. mailing address of your Representative and Senators at www.congress.org. To find e-mail addresses, click through to the Senator’s or congressperson’s Web site.
2. Log on to THOMAS (Library of Congress) to find out whether your Congresspersons are already co-sponsors of the legislation. Here is how:
· On the THOMAS opening page, under “Search Bill Summary and Status,” search by bill number for H.R. 213. Then click on “Bill summary and Status.”
· On the page that comes up, click on “Cosponsors.”
3. If your representatives have not signed on as co-sponsors of the bill, send them your request that they do so. Tell them how important the tax credit was to you when you adopted your children, or how much you and other families you know are counting on it to be available in the future.
Act today, your efforts make a difference.