Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Weekend

We just got home from four days at my parent's new place.  I will call it the "lake house."  It isn't on the lake but it is near one and I don't have a better name. I had planned a weekend of playing in the snow and sledding but the weather didn't cooperate with me.  For the first two days, it was just the five of us counting the dog. We watched the girls' Lion King DVD for the first time.  We had hot chocolates and ran around outside.  We did Red Fish's speech practice on the "sh" sound.  It is coming along great.
We took long walks with the dog and threw rocks at the lake to see if we could break the ice. We played board games and card games.
We read books together.
Red Fish and I went skiing.  We didn't make it long because I had forgotten her harness and it was a bit of a disaster.  Red Fish didn't care though.  She loved going anyway. Skiing with her this year is going to be more difficult because she weighs more.  I'm determined to make it work.

We did every single puzzle the girls got for Christmas at least a dozen times.  New Fish is starting to insist on "big girl puzzles" instead of the ones that just have a shape that fits in a hole.  She has to be just like her sister.  The girls spent hours coloring and testing out their new do a dot markers.
On Friday night my Dad, brothers and their wives showed up.  We spent the next few days doing more puzzles, watching movies, playing with J's kinect, and reading.
 New Fish spent plenty of time doting on her baby cousin.  New Fish adores him.



All day on yesterday (New Years Eve) I cooked with my sisters in law.  Our new frozen meal plan deserves a post of it's own but we made three sets of 20 meals, vacuum sealed them with my new foodsaver and froze them for dinners this next month.  Then,  last night we went to a Mexican restaurant and tried to put the girls to bed unsuccessfully.  New Fish is a terrible sleeper and I think it may actually be getting worse so I am pretty tired from our weekend away.  It was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Blogful said...

What a fun time! Your meal plan is making me green with envy. How neat. Go Gators!

The Clem Family said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend!! I know of some good 4-wheeling in that area so you're gonna hafta hit me up sometime!!! (Just sayin'.....)

Post a Comment