Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Projects

Random flowers made from chiffon, ribons, zippers, felt, wool, buttons and beads. I have made more than this but I couldn't fit them in the picture. This has some of the different types I've been making. The red, gray and black one is my favorite. I'm definitely getting better at making these. It has swarovksy crystals (found on clearance for 50 cents) glued on the flowers.
These are for the wedding tomorrow. M.E.'s colors are coral, green and peach. One of these is for my hair and the rest are for the girls.

I haven't been saying much on the blog about the projects I've been working on this summer. Some of the projects have been to preserve my sanity. I've very suddenly become a crafter because creating fun things for no reason has become my new therapy. It's nice to make something that doesn't need to please anyone but myself. It's soothing when I'm stressed or pulled in a thousand directions at once. Since I am totally obsessed with hair accessories it has been especially fun to figure out that I can, in fact, make them myself. It is WAY too much fun.

Some of my other projects have been those grown up things that we all have to do at some point. The biggest project of the summer has been our backyard. We put in flower beds, a drip system, curbing, bark chips, trees and a ton of plants. The rest of the flower beds will be empty until next summer but I'm pretty excited about the way things are looking. I really wish I had a before picture of what all the weeds on the rocks looked like. It was ugly. The best part is I can check this off my goal list for the year. Woohoo. I love to check off things, especially big goals.


2 comments:

Mia said...

I love your flowers. How do you make them?

Blogful said...

Have you considered opening an Etsy shop? I mean, in all your spare time of course.

Post a Comment