Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scuba Diving In Grand Cayman








The diving here has been great (especially since I haven't been diving away from home in two years.) There are huge orange elephant ear sponges everywhere. We've swam with turtles, pet sting rays and wrangled an eel. The eel is named Psycho and has cataracts and three teeth. Yes, he is slimy and creepy and gave me the shivers. It gives me the shivers just thinking about it now. I saw a juvenile spotted drum which is my favorite fish of all time. We've also seen a ton of Lion Fish. They are taking over the Caribbean because some idiot introduced them to the wrong ocean.

Two Fish and I did the last two deep dives for our Normoxic Trimix class so I guess I've gotten two new certifications on this trip. Two Fish has gotten three. I had to wear four tanks on the Trimix dives and I am definitely not built to carry that many. I did however, log my deepest dive ever (by one foot.)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Great photos! Almost make me want to dive. Randy is going to be aching to go, that's for sure.

The Clem Family said...

Great pics!! Can't wait to see that stuff in real life!

Post a Comment