Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mommy

Today, August 26th, 2010 is the first time my baby, Red Fish, has called me Mommy. I have been mama, mom and a variety of other names over the past couple of years but tonight she ran downstairs saying: "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I think I might cry. That's right- I now have a name with two different vowel sounds and two syllables said like they are no obstacle at all. It isn't the first time she has said a word like that but it's one of the first REAL words. It's a big deal. I know it may not seem like a big difference to anyone else but to me it is just a sign of the changes that have been occuring for her over the past couple of months. I love it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Aw!!!! That's thrilling!

Lei said...

That's wonderful Kerstin!

The Clem Family said...

That's fantastic!

Post a Comment