Monday, August 30, 2010

Hang Ups- Summer Projects 2



For some reason, when it comes to decorating my home, I move in slow motion. Things do not seem to come together very fast even though I wish otherwise. Some of this is a good thing because almost everything I have bought has been at thrift stores (horray for spray paint) or 50% clearance or a gift. A few things were bought out of some random people's cars or garage sales. I don't shop very often anymore so the deals have been further and further apart. Then I leave things in my basement waiting for me to finish them. I've decided to try and make my house look a little more put together so I've been cleaning things out and trying to decorate.
Two Fish hung up a ton of pictures etc. for me over the weekend. There are only a few things here that have even been purchased in the last couple months. Almost everything is 6months-2 years old and I've just barely gotten around to decorating with it. Isn't that sad?


I've been wanting to find someplace to put just fun things I pick up on trips etc. so I've decided to start putting them around the top of my kitchen cabinets. So far, I have a few pieces of blown glass (I love original artwork more than anything) and an antique gas can.I've had my nativity set out since Red Fish was born. Two Fish gave it to me to celebrate us becoming parents. The big blue pot in the background is new. I bought it at an artist co-op. The stuff in the pot is random stuff picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The painting was bought out of the back of some guy's car. (Scary I know, but don't worry. My brothers were with me.)Two painting in the dinning room from the guy's car.
These are my new message boards in the kitchen. I bought the frames at a thrift store, spray painted them and put chicken wire in them for clipping things to. I think I want to make one for the girl's bathroom to keep all of their hair bows on.


These are curtains I made for our bedroom. I bought all the curtain rods at a closeout sale 2 years ago and I've had the fabric for 8 months. I finally got around to putting them up. My favorite part is the ties with the puff balls on them. I should have pictures of my whole bedroom as soon as I finish it up this week.

I made matching curtains for my bathroom. Two Fish hung up the candle holder on the wall. I'm so excited that I've actually made a little progress decorating. It's pathetic I had most of this sitting in the basement.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

houses really are slow moving projects. I seem to get somewhere and then something happens to throw me off. I was going to paint Abby's room today and tomorrow and instead I'm cleaning up her throw up. Got to love that. I think your place is looking fun! I love your nativity. My mom collects them and displays her favorites year round.

The Clem Family said...

To top it off, I think you need a trophy elk or buck mounted on a wall somewhere! ;)

Somers said...

Don't feel bad about it taking almost 2 years. Have you seen my house? yeah. You've done a great job. My favorite is the pot with the blue feather.

One Fish said...

Oh it's not just two years. I've never decorated anyplace we have lived.

Shannon Mayfield said...

It's amazing how much stuff gets put off after you have kids. You just find more important stuff to do with your time and you realize that happy, entertained kids is better than pretty decorated walls :) I hope you guys are doing good. Miss ya!

Post a Comment