Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One Week

Freshly bathed.
Red Fish painting with bingo bottles full of liquid watercolors.
One week old.

It has been one week since New Fish joined our family. We took her to the pediatrician yesterday and she is doing great. She has maintained her birth weight and seems to be staying warm enough.

My favorite things so far:
• Coming home and having Red Fish scream Mama! and come running for me.
• Being home from the hospital.
• Having our family of four (well really five with Blue Fish but he wasn't there) snuggle in our bed and take turns holding New Fish.
• Trying to teach Red Fish to be soft when she holds New Fish.
• Watching Red Fish stroke New Fish's head and give her little kisses.
• When Red Fish tries to convince New Fish to give her five.
• Snuggling a new baby.
• New baby smell.
• Having Red Fish do "this little piggy" with my toes. I've been barefoot a lot. My shoes don't fit yet.
• Watching my husband be a really cute Dad and sing to, play with, and snuggle with my girls.
• Teeny tiny baby clothes. Red Fish was never this small.
• Giving New Fish her first bath at home with the aid of my little red headed assistant.
• Having meals brought in by my ward. (I could get used to that.)
• Good friends.
• Having Two Fish home from work. I dread him going back.
• Little chicken legs.

3 comments:

Richinsrock said...

She is so dang cute. I can't wait to see her.

Blogful said...

Wish I could bring you lasagna. We send our love and prayers for your gorgeous little family.

Nancy said...

These first weeks seem to fly by. Your girls are cute together. I love tiny baby clothes too. And she is so tiny and cute!!

Post a Comment