Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baby Carriers


I've decided that the only way I'm going to be able to have two kids and still get anything done is to become a baby wearer. I love to hold my babies and I'm not giving that up for anything. I already have a maya wrap sling my sil gave me when Red Fish was born. I like it and I will definitely be using it a lot with New Fish, but I also want one that I can use for situations when I have to bend over (the sling swings out from my body) and uses both shoulders. These are the two I'm most intersted in. I don't like baby bjorns.
A moby wrap. I like that it holds the baby really close but I've never actually tried one. Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it?
A Mei Tais carrier. I tried my cousin's with Red Fish and I liked it. Red Fish was pretty heavy by then so I only tried it on my back. Does it work for little babies? We have a hiking backpack for Red Fish (which she LOVES) and I'm kinda hoping I could use something like this next summer and carry New Fish when we hike. They are pretty expensive though so I don't want to buy one unless I'm positive I will use it a lot.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

We used the bjorn and loved it, but I have never tried other slings. Update when you find one you love. I'd love a suggestion too.

Nancy said...

Ive only tried the backpack kind. The one I have is from Walmart and Im not sure Id put a new born in it, but I like it for when they can hold their head up a bit more.

jamesandlisa said...

I've never used a Mei Tai, but I want one really badly. I always thought they were more for older babies, but I'm not sure. I have a Moby, but I got it when Sariah was older, so I've never tried it with a newborn, but it looks like it would be wonderful.

Post a Comment