Monday, September 14, 2009

Marker Time

Happily for me, Red Fish has become totally enraptured with a very easy art activity - drawing with markers. She is very into wearing her smock too. She insists on wearing it to even draw with crayons now. I think she associates it with fun. First thing when Red Fish wakes up she wants to draw followed by several more sessions throughout the day. She likes to teach Daddy how to use the markers when he gets home from work. There is a specific process. He has to sit in the chair just right, use the colors in the right order, put the caps back on just right etc. She loves to boss him around and tell him how to draw. It's pretty funny to watch.
We have sheets and sheets that look just like this one (front and back.) Who knew markers could be quite so entertaining.

3 comments:

Richinsrock said...

I want to put my kids in the smocks so they will stay clean through the day.

The Clem Family said...

How fun! I bet her daddy loves it! So cute!!

Steph said...

I know you aren't soliciting advise with this post, but I couldn't find the one where you were. I found an art project that look like fun: Shadow Art

Post a Comment