Monday, April 4, 2011

Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Lahey


On Saturday I went to an incredible concert with my Mom and two of my sisters in law. It was an awesome night. If you have never seen Natalie MacMaster perform, you really need to. She is an amazing fiddler from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I met her at the Mark O'Connor fiddle camp in Nashville, TN when I was 16. Yes, I went to fiddle camp. It was awesome. Her workshop was my favorite of the classes I took that summer. I've seen her perfrom three times now and I swear she just keeps getting more fun to watch and listen to.

The violin sings, but the fiddle dances!

Currently, Natalie is touring with her husband and fellow fiddler, Donnell Lahey. The combination of the two of them is AMAZING. Together Natalie and Donnell are a whirlwind of fiddle-driven music, dance, and song. It is as much fun to watch them as it is to listen. They have the two pianist from the Natalie MacMaster band and Lahey and they are as much fun to watch as the violinists. It was like watching someone fiddle on the piano. It was such a fun concert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment