Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Egg Dying Adventure


 The girls and I were supposed to go to a friend's house and dye eggs today but the friends weren't feeling well.  So since I had already promised egg dying today we decided to give it a go in the back yard.  (Thank goodness!)  I've decided that dying eggs with two small children is entirely different than doing it with just Red Fish the last couple of years.  Plus, I've never done it without the aid of Two Fish.

We had this great egg dying kit from Mimi that had really potent dye and stickers and glitter and jewels.  The girls went crazy with all of the stuff.  For the first ten minutes or so I tried to control the chaos and show them how to dye the eggs but then I gave up and decided to stop letting my adulthood get in the way of their fun.  They spent the next hour chucking the eggs into different bowls and swirling them around with glitter.  They put stickers and jewels on them and then stuck them back in the bowls again for another swirl.  The eggs turned out pretty disgusting and in the end there were bits of boiled egg floating around all of the bowls so we didn't have out Easter egg lunch but the girls had a fabulous time.  They have the blue stained hands to prove it!

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

LOL! Gotta love it!

Kathryn said...

You'll be SO grateful that you "raised girls" instead of just having attractively dyed eggs. What a good mother you are. I wish I had learned that lesson earlier in life.

Somers said...

Glad I got to see pictures of this! Just wait, once they're about 7 or so, they won't let you "mess up" their perfect eggs....

Post a Comment