Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Blue Incident


I got home last night at 1:30am after a long drive and a very long couple of days of work. On the way home, I helped my brother M study for his music listening test for over four hours.  I'm glad I don't have to take the test.  I felt half delirious this morning.  The girls were so excited to see me but New Fish was pretty mad because we've cut her off on the bottles and I think she was pretty convinced I would give her one when I got home.

I put New Fish down for an early nap this morning and Red Fish fell asleep watching an episode of some show about puppies.  I was feeling pretty pleased that they were both asleep and I was sitting downstairs basking in the silence.  After awhile I heard giggling so I went upstairs to investigate.  I found the girls sitting in New Fish's room reading some books together.  This would have been very cute except they were both naked and covered in blue paint from head to toe.  New Fish was supposed to be in her crib and there were blue fingerprints footprints all over.  I didn't even know what to say.

I looked back down the hall at the blue banister and then followed the trail into my room where I found that my alarm clock was now blue and there was a blue body print in the middle of the sheets on my bed.  Then I saw the bathroom.  I was pretty much paralyzed.  I didn't even know where to start.  How is it possible that Red Fish helped New Fish out of her crib and managed to cause this much damage in complete silence?  I snapped a few pictures while I demanded they scrub the tub and each other. The rest you will just have to imagine.  It's a good thing those two little girls are so darn cute!  It preserves their lives sometimes.

7 comments:

The Studes said...

if any 3 year old could do something like that It would be red. :) she is very crafty.

Linnea said...

Oh. Wow. Someday that will be funny but I'll admit I'm not laughing. Just looking at that and thinking about your evening/day makes me exhausted...

Somers said...

I like that she even thought to make a body print in your bed! Grrrr... This makes Christian's horrible water/clogged toilet messes this week look like nothing. Good thing you buy washable, non-toxic paint!

Nancy said...

I think you better get extra hugs and kisses this mother's day. Its crazy the kind of trouble little ones can get into if they have a little motivation. Im thinking that my frustrating day of running around picking up the same toys repeatedly wasn't as messy as it could have been!

JoandDoug said...

I'm pretty sure I would have called Utah Disaster Cleanup! There's no way I would have attempted it myself. You're so awesome!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

Oh my word! I would have had a heart attack!

The Clem Family said...

I'm impressed that you decided to take pics instead of ringing their necks. Let's just say that you're a much better mom than me. Just looking at that pic gives me anxiety.

Post a Comment