Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Stuff

Things I want to remember before Mom-nesia takes over.

New Fish is at the most adorable age right now. She is super smiley and giggly. I am having so much fun snuggling with her. She loves to be held and hugged. Sometimes I wish I could do nothing but sit around my house and snuggle her. She likes anything that gives her legs free like having her diaper changed or having a bath. Red Fish likes to help me bathe New Fish and has to have her own rag so she can clean New Fish's feet really good. It's really really cute. Today I was playing peek a boo with New Fish and she was laughing and smiling so big I thought her face might crack in half. She's so cute I can hardly stand it sometimes. She spends most of the day growling and me.

Red Fish has had a huge week so far. She is super smart and communicative but not very verbal. She's had a vocabulary of around 5-7 words up until now, mostly repeating sounds. She relies mostly on sign language. But this week all of the sudden she has come out with: Hi, bye bye, on (as in put my shoe on), me, and mine. I'm so excited because they all came out totally unprompted. She has the highest, sweetest little voice. I got so excited when she told me bye bye on Monday night that she has been saying it all day and waving at me and leaving the room. Then she runs back in a shouts Hi!!! I feel like we are really turning a corner all of the sudden. It's exciting because she is so happy about it.

Also Red Fish has decided to start using the potty today. She has gone in there several times by herself to try the facilities out. I guess I better start coming up with a toilet training plan. I don't really want to put any pressure on her because she just barely turned two and if it isn't her idea it won't work. Any tips? Just the whole idea of it kind of overwhelms me. Maybe Red Fish will just train herself.

I love to watch Red Fish play right now. She is just bursting with imagination. She was playing with a baby doll today and she gave her a bottle, wiped her face off, changed her (apparently stinky) diaper, wrapped her up and kissed her. It was so sweet. Then when she was watching Peter Pan tonight (we got it from Netflix) she was just flying around the room like a maniac. I love seeing her creativity. She learned to peel the back off the foam stickers by herself and she has had a table full of markers and stickers all week. I haven't even had to think about coming up with an art project.

She also let the dog out the back door today and the two of them were running barefoot through the snow. Ay ay ay. I think I'm going to have to put chains on all of my doors.

4 comments:

Somers said...

I wish my two year old would potty train himself... we are knee deep in that this week. Uggghhh
Congrats on the new words! I bet she'll be using full sentences before you know it!

The Clem Family said...

I hope the potty training works out for ya! The sooner the better I say! I love watching kids play! One of my favorite things to do is just sit and watch my kids play. It's amazing ALL the stuff they learn from playing!

Linnea said...

I believe that my kids all trained themselves in spite of all my great efforts! I think they just do it when they want to and all we have to do is be really positive, supportive, and excited for them--which you are naturally so no worries!!

Linnea said...

I believe that my kids all trained themselves in spite of all my great efforts! I think they just do it when they want to and all we have to do is be really positive, supportive, and excited for them--which you are naturally so no worries!!

Post a Comment