Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Feel Like A Person

I've got this beautiful set of girls and a wonderful husband. Life is good. My two year old poured a jumbo container of formula all over my kitchen, dumped the dog's water dish in the trash and painted my bedroom (with the yucky stuff) all within an hour. It sounds like I wasn't watching her but she is just fast. New Fish has bowel issues from her shots and just doesn't feel well. I'm knee deep in sleep deprivation because I'm not any good at going back to sleep after waking several times. It's been that kind of day.

At the end of it all, I just stopped and thought "Hey, it's a bad day and I still kinda feel like a person." I'm sleep deprived, feeling a little burned out, and have cabin fever and YET I feel like a person. I don't feel sick anymore. I'm just a tired Mommy again and it feels fabulous.

Basically, I've felt crappy for the last four months. I've been sick since I had New Fish. Postpartum hasn't gone well. Well really I felt sick and threw up everyday for 38 weeks before that so I've felt crappy for a good year. BUT after a bunch of trial and error my doctor finally figured out how to help me and now- even on a bad day I feel like a person.

5 comments:

CassiLou said...

feeling like a person is a HUGE accomplishment. i'm totally serious. When you have little ones running around it is a feat. Congrats. you wanna pass some of that along, cuz i just realized that it's friday and i have no clue where the rest of my week went and i KNOW i did nothing productive which makes me feel less like a person. more like a robot.

The Clem Family said...

I have to agree that being a "tired mommy" is a lot better than being pregnant and sick. You're so legit, hang in there!!

Lisa said...

Glad you're feeling better!!!

Richinsrock said...

Having babies is so hard on your body and mind. It's sad that it takes so long to get back to "normal". Sorry about your crazy day, but I am glad you are feeling better. We need a girls night.

Somers said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! (not so glad to hear about the new art in your bedroom) ;)

Post a Comment