Friday, January 8, 2010

Sticky and Red

Today I had planned to do Red with Red Fish but when we looked at yesterday's junk mail and ads to find red things to cut out she went wild. First she wanted me to cut out animals and food for her and then she just started tearing things out at random and gluing them onto papers with a glue stick. She spent a good hour and half filling sheets and sheets of paper and then newspapers with little pictures out of the ads. It was cute to see how hard she worked on it. She really really loves the glue stick. I wish I had bought more during the back to school sales.
The Red Fish returned to the red supplies. Red paper, red stickers, red markers, red pens, red stamps, and red paint. It was a lot of art today.
Little New Fish is becoming a Daddy's girl just like her big sister. As soon as Two Fish comes through that door both girls demand to be held. New Fish goes on Mommy strike around dinner time and wants to be held on Daddy's shoulder just like this. She likes to ram her face into his shoulder and go to sleep.
Red Fish has been up to all sorts of mischief. Today I went out to get something out of the mailbox (without my coat) and I came back to find the front door locked. I wasn't aware she could reach the deadbolt. It took nearly 45 minutes for her to figure out how to unlock it and let me in. She even tried using a little set of plastic keys. She was very upset she couldn't let me in. I thought I was going to have to use a neighbor's phone to call a locksmith or track down Two Fish. Luckily Red Fish finally got the lock turned.

Yesterday during her nap, Red Fish put diapers on all of her stuffed animals. It was hilarious. Then last night in the middle of the night I heard her talking to "Bubba" and found her in the baby's room saying hi. Little stinker.

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Bubba is sooo stinkin' cute! I love that pic of her sleeping on her daddy's shoulder.

Red Fish IS a stinker, but it's a good thing you love her so much, right? She is a cutie!

Richinsrock said...

I love two year olds.

Post a Comment