Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Colorful

Red Fish has been aware of her basic colors since early in the summer but she just becomes more fascinated with color all the time. We spend a lot of time talking about the color of things.
Today we made a blue work of art. Blue tape, blue stickers, blue paper, blue magazine bits, blue crayons, blue markers, and blue paint. I think her favorite part was learning to use the glue stick.
We also love this book Red Fish got for Christmas. It doesn't have any words. It has a CD of music that goes along with beautiful illustrations. Red Fish likes to make her fingers dance on the pages like raindrops. There are pauses in the music that tell you when to turn the page. Red Fish likes to look at the page and then dance around the room until it's time for the next page. She is all about books about colors right now.


Two Fish thinks this is a book for drug addicts but I think it's a classic.

6 comments:

Blogful said...

That blue picture is awesome. I am sitting here looking at it for hours. Does she do murals? Have you thought of selling her pieces? Truly, I love it!

Nancy said...

How fun! I love colors too. Nothing sells me more on various products, than colors. I buy dishes, food, clothes, or crafts just for the colors. I love the little outfit your babe is wearing in that last picture, especially the hat. Glad you got outside too. You and your hubby are so cute together!

Linnea said...

I think it's hilarious that Two Fish thinks it's a book for drug addicts. We love it too!

The Clem Family said...

I'm still fascinated about how cultured your two year-old is! What a cutie!!!

Richinsrock said...

I am going to have to read the book and tell you what I think. I am sure you want my opinion.

Lei said...

Lol about Harold and The Purple Crayon! I need to check out those other 2 books though, I love books without words. Great color projects!

Post a Comment