Monday, October 1, 2012

"Bird Zoo"

 I'm trying to hold the two top kids in the holes.  It wasn't working.

Totally fascinated with the water birds.
There are two massive golden eagles in this picture but you can't see them in the shade.
My Mom and I took the kids to the aviary today to check out the birds before it gets cold.  A good time was had by all.  It is quite a job trying to fit three carseats into my car but doable as long as I put Red Fish in a booster in the middle, New Fish is Red Fish's seat and my little nephew Butterball into New Fish's seat turned rear facing.  Then I have to slam the doors really hard to get them to shut.

The kids loved seeing the birds, especially the bigger ones like the hornbills, eagles, cranes, condors etc.  There was a huge peacock that followed us the whole time.  He made Red Fish very nervous.  She was afraid he was going to get Butterball.  She told one of the zookeepers (are they zookeepers?) that she needed to "keep an eye on that boy peacock because he is very very sneaky."  A great outing.  We may try and visit again before it gets cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment