Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday


 Today we sat outside and painted while listening to LDS General Conference.  I try to ease the kids into it and will hopefully get them to listen even closer tomorrow.  We broke out the canvases I've had waiting for them to paint on.  I have a wall of pictures and painting planned above my staircase that I'm hoping to get together in the near future.
New Fish
Red Fish
 We also picked up our weekly produce today and some pumpkins.  The kids could hardly wait to paint them.  They wanted to carve some today as well but I convinced them to wait.  We did twenty different puzzles after painting and read some books during the break.  The girls slept through the second session.
New Fish/Red Fish
 Blue Fish wanted to be right in the middle of everything.  It was hard to keep him out of the paint.
We usually go out to dinner with my family before the menfolk head off to the Priesthood session.  I used to go shopping with my Mom and meet up with the boys afterwards for dinner but all of the kids have changed our plans over the years.  We made a quick stop at the park on the way home from dinner to enjoy the last bit of sunlight.  We have to enjoy the weather while it lasts.  The temperature is dropping already.  I love Fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment