Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Break Part 1- Spooky Dinner

 We are having our Fall break from school right now.  We've been swimming and to the dinosaur museum.  We have several other fun things planned for the weekend.  I think the kids are having a great time.  We had our second annual spooky dinner this year with our friends the Buddys.  It was fun coming up with new dishes to try.  We did make the mistake of watching a slightly spooky movie and the girls didn't sleep all night.  It will be a long time before we watching anything that hints at being scary again.  I made mummy juice boxes inspired by this post but I didn't have white electrical tape so I used masking tape.
 I made melted witch dip with avacado dip, carrots and almonds.  C cooked our main course in a pumpkin using my friends recipe.
 I made shrunken head apple cider by carving apples.
 I made this pumpkin fruit dip and jello worms.  They were so disgusting looking.  My kids loved it.  I couldn't eat the worms- they made me gag. Far too realistic.
We had an awesome night with friends.  My kids didn't eat much but that isn't any different than any other dinner I cook.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so awesome! You guys are such a fun family. I'm glad you got to try the pumpkin dinner and worms. Abby wasn't quite 2 years old the year we made the jello worms and watching my baby stuff those things into her mouth nearly made me sick. I couldn't eat them, but they've been talked about so much since then. We're doing out party on tomorrow, but I don't think we're doing jello worms this time.:)

Blogful said...

Wow! What a party. I am totally inspired.

Post a Comment