Saturday, August 25, 2012

What's For Dinner This Month

I'm trying to get back on track with my dinners.  We've just been scrambling to get dinner on the table for the last couple of months.  I got off track with making my freezer meals for awhile.  I'm back at it again.  This month was by far my least successful month of making the meals.  I had multiple technical difficulties so it made for a very long day of cooking.  The prep work and actual preparation of all of the meals is a bit grueling sometime.  This month was especially bad. Next month when my family has had fabulous dinners every night for a month, I won't care how much work it takes.  It's just one day of cooking and it makes the rest of my life so much easier.  My family has dinner at the table, I feel like a better Mom and it is less stress on everyone.  My kids even get to bed on time when I have meals prepped. It's definitely a good thing.
I tried a few new things this month that my family has already eaten and enjoyed-
These lettuce wraps- http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/asian-lettuce-wraps/
 This pasta (Lee Lee's was made with Quinoa pasta to make it gluten free) -http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/02/baked-chicken-penne-freezer-meal/ With this alfredo sauce http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce/
I added some fresh broccolli to ours.  It was delicious.

Some new ones I haven't eaten yet-
This crock pot Beef and Broccolli- http://www.bsrecipe.blogspot.com/2012/04/crock-pot-beef-and-broccoli.html# 
This Korean Beef- http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html 
And a stroganoff with homemade cream of chicken soup.
A stir fry
Another Chicken and Brccoli Alfredo dish 
Ranch pork chops
Pepper Stake
There are also some favorite repeats from previous months-

*Cranberry/apricot chicken- Chicken pieces, 1 env. onion soup, 1 bottle Russian dressing, 1 med. jar apricot jam or can of cranberry sauce.  Mix and freeze.  Thaw and Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
*Italian Chicken-chicken breasts, 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup , 1 8oz package of cream cheese, 1 package italian dressing.  Thaw, bake and serve over noodles.
*Chicken and Rice Bake- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup, instant white rice, 1 cup water, 1/4 tsp. paprika, chicken.  Thaw and bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until done.  I froze mine without the water.
*Gaint Crockpot Chili- (this will feed us for 3 or 4 meals. I plan to make taco salads and other things with it.)  2 lbs. cooked ground beef, 2 cans northern beans, 3 cans kidney beans, 4- 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatos, 2 med. Onions, green pepper, 1 tsp. garlic, 3 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. salt.  Freeze and then dethaw and put in crock pot.
*Chicken roll ups-  package of crescent rolls, cream cheese, garlic, salt pepper, shredded chicken, gravy
* Crock Pot Chicken Mix-(2 dinners worth for my family) Shredded Chicken, 1 can black beans, 1 can corn, 2 cups salsa.  Heat through in crockpot.  Add cream cheese 30 minutes before serving over rice. 
*Taquitos-  cream cheese, green salsa, lime, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, green onions, chicken, pepperjack cheese, corn tortillas, kosher salt (This time I accidentally got Monterey Jack cheese- they were still good.)
*Spaghetti- Meat, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chopped veggies and onions, spaghetti spice packet.  Thaw and serve over pasta 
* Shredded chicken tacos 
 

2 comments:

The Studes said...

so funny that you post this I was just thinking I needed to get the Italian chickem recipe from you!

Linnea said...

You're inspiring...we've been eating a lot of spaghetti and whatever I can throw in a crockpot when I think of it.

Post a Comment