Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Shower

 My sister in law Lee Lee and I threw a baby shower for my other sil M.E. on Saturday.  We decided to make it a crafting shower and we had onsies and hair bows for everyone to make for the new baby girl.  We threw the shower at my Mom's house since mine has been unavailable.
 We did a "shower theme" with these cute little favors and decorated with umbrellas and tissue paper clouds.
 
 There were four sewing machines buzzing while people added fabric and ribbons to cloth diapers to use as burp cloths.  We had fabric paint and appliques for the onsies as well as stacks of fabric. 
 My Mom and Grandma worked on a cute blanket and Lee Lee made hooded towells.

 M.E. got a whole bunch of cute things to help her prepare for the baby.  She is going to be a wonderful Mom and I'm excited to meet the little miss!
 We made quite a bit at the shower- nine onsies (the turtle was made by my brother), five burp cloths, a blanket, 3 hooded towells, 20 bows, a tutu, a taggie blankie and the fun diaper cake made by Lee Lee.  M.E. came away with a lot of cute stuff.
My favorite thing I made was the guitar onsie
The invitations

3 comments:

Blogful said...

You are an awesome designer. May I one day be so lucky. Wow. What a cute shower.

Nancy said...

That is the coolest idea for a shower! I love it. I love the guitar onesie too!

Linnea said...

Great shower!! I have to say I pegged you as the guitar onesie designer before I even read it was you!

Post a Comment