Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Art Group Day 8- Wood Sculptures

 Today in art group we talked about the definition of sculpture and looked at some traditional style sculptures and some modern sculptures made from found materials.  In particular we looked at Louise Nevelson's work.  Then we made sculptures out of random wood bits and glue much like I did with the girls earlier this summer.  I love this project.  I wish we could have spray painted them to look more like Nevelson's work but it wouldn't work well until the glue is dry.  I want the kids to see opportunities for art everywhere they look. 



Taking a break for some otterpops



New Fish
Red Fish
We used Colorations Tacky Glue and random Box of Wood Bits - 5 lbs.

2 comments:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Looks like everyone had lots of artsy fun!

Somers said...

We loved this project! My kids were so proud of their creations. Maybe I"ll let them paint their work tomorrow...

Post a Comment