Saturday, July 21, 2012

2000 Stripling Warriors

 We went out to visit my grandparents and watch their local parade with them.  I pulled the girls in their wagon and we got pretty good seats considering the size of the parade,
 Red Fish's favorite part was seeing the American flag pass by multiple times.  She tried to shout to the crowd to "stand up!  It's our flag!"  Everyone stood up for the first flag but their patriotism wained a bit as the parade went on.  Red Fish is very proud to be an American, even though she doesn't quite understand what that means yet.  Her love of the flag makes me smile.
The parade featured 2000 teenagers and men dressed as Heleman's 2000 warrior's from the Book of Mormon.  It was amazing to see them pass by.  It took more than ten minutes for two blocks worth of them to march past.  I'm glad my girls got to experience it.  It was a one of a kind experience.  It is going to be quite a weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment