Sunday, July 22, 2012

Celebrating

 On the Saturday before the 24th of July, my city has a huge celebration.  We used to go as children every year.  There is a parade, a fair, fireworks and fun.  This year, my family's dive shop had a portable pool set up in the park for people to try scuba diving for free.  I did an underwater interview on the news to help promote it using a full face mask.  It was the first time I've been interviewed underwater so that was kind of fun. I can't find the clip online unfortunately. 

 We got up early and attended the parade together.  The girls got bags full of candy and danced to the music from the bands, waved at every princess and hollered at the floats.  (Why are there hardly any floats anymore?  Lame.)  Next, we hit the fair.  Red Fish rode a zip line across the park.  She is a daredevil.  She also tried out a fire hose and some bouncy houses.  New Fish was too tired for pictures but she enjoyed the bouncy houses.  I love that this small town tradition has stuck around even though the city has grown so much.  It makes me feel like a little kid again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment