Sunday, July 1, 2012

O Family Weekend

Two Fish's brother Uncle M was in town with Little Miss M and so we had our annual O family weekend.  My parents were kind enough to lend us their Lake house and we had an absolute blast spending time together and letting all of the kids soak up the attention.  We went swimming in the pool twice and spent all day Saturday at the Lake playing on the beach and swimming.  It was definitely a water themed weekend.
 There were puzzles and games.

 There was plenty of lounging about.  
There was quality time with cousins.  My girls just soaked up the attention from the older kids.
We walked back and forth to the pool.  (I dropped and broke my camera- a personal tragedy. The rest of the pictures had to be taken on a cell phone.)
 I forced the kids to take their annual picture.  It makes the kids crazy but I demand one picture of them all together at least once a year.  I think they are softening on the issues because I had less resistance than usual.  They don't all smile but at least they sit still.






The uncles swam around with the kids and we had a riotous time.  This weekend is a tradition that I hopes holds on for a long time.  It doesn't matter where we go or what we do, the time together is irreplaceable.  I want my girls growing up with memories of doing fun things with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandma for a long time.  I love seeing their cute little relationships and the excitement on all of their faces when they see each other.

1 comments:

Linnea said...

I love this tradition also--you're right that it doesn't matter where we go but it's great to get them all together!! Thanks for a great weekend!!

Post a Comment