Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Important and Unimportant Thoughts

Today was a crazy day.  Our whole state is on fire and our neighborhood was next in line for evacuation for a brief period of time.  We've had friends and family evacuated all over the state who had to leave in a big hurry so I decided to evaluate what in our home was irreplaceable and could be put together in case we needed to make a quick getaway.  Obviously my family, photo albums and journals (especially those from our pre-digital days), important papers, our computers, family keepsakes, my violin and my Christmas ornaments.  Most of the massive pile of things inside my home, we could live without.  It definitely gets you thinking about what's important.  It also gets me thinking about unimportant things.

I have a huge event to attend next week and a whole lot of nothing to wear.  Exactly when was it that my wardrobe turned so drastically boring and mom like?  Please note- I love being a Mom- I don't necesarily want to look the part.  When I told Two Fish I needed an outfit to wear to my work sponsored party that didn't look like a Mom, Red Fish heard me.  She said: "Why you don't want to look like a Mom?  Don't you love being a mom?"  I assured her I do. 

Once upon a time I was sassy and dressed the part.  Now I am tired and covered in sticky fingerprints.  I'm too old for the really fun clothes and too young (at least in my mind) for the boring clothes.  Red Fish rode the carousel at the mall while I tried to find an outfit worthy of my party.  I'm not totally satisfied with the results but I did buy some fantastic shoes.  Too bad I've forgotten how to walk in heels.  Hopefully I won't break my ankle.


1 comments:

Somers said...

I can't wait to see what you found!

Post a Comment