Thursday, April 26, 2012

Little Monsters

Today did not go as planned.  There were multiple trips to the doctor's office and hours spent trying to collect a clean urine sample from a two year old.  In between the craziness, the girls and a friend made some very toothy monsters out of modeling clay, googly eyes and random craft bits. 

Since Red Fish is so obsessed with games, I've been lining up little games that I plan to use as part of New Fish's Montessori inspired preschool next year.  Red Fish used her quiet time to explore them today.  I made matchable noise makers to explore hearing.  They have rice, beans, BBs, coins, rice etc. inside two eggs.  The girls LOVE them.  I might need to make more because it is getting too easy for them already. Red Fish also spent her time matching the stack of fabric swatches I made a few weeks ago.  I love hearing her describe them to herself.  Then I put post its with numbers between 1 and 20 in cupcake trays and she counted buttons into them.  It kept her busy for awhile today since she wasn't in the mood to play.

1 comments:

Somers said...

Cute monsters! I'm going to have to try that.

Post a Comment