Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend

 There were matching Easter jammies and horsie rides.
 We spent the weekend with family at my parent's lake house.  We watched LDS general conference all weekend together.  It was a weekend of jammies, messy hair, projects, food and laughter.  The girls had art projects (more Easter shapes to decorate) and a basket my visiting teacher made full of goodies and surprises.  Each bag of surprises has a picture of a different speaker on it and they got to open it when they could match it to the speaker.  It kept them pretty busy.  They colored conference themed packets and did mazes and played games.  They were really well behaved during the broadcast, I actually caught quite a few of the messages this year. 

 One of the surprises in the conference basket was playdough.  It was well used.

 The girls rode their bikes.  New Fish is still having some trouble pedaling hers but she is getting close. Red Fish is a speed demon and I had to flat out run with the dog in order to keep up with her around the neighborhood.

Red Fish requested some sort of baking project be lined up for the weekend and she baked and decorated cupcakes with my Mom.
 We smooched on my little nephew.  My youngest brother and his wife are expecting a baby and we are looking forward to having another little in the family.
 My Mimi always gives the kids a new bunny for Easter every year.  The girls were excited to get their new bunnies.  We had a little Easter egg hunt in the basement and filled their little baskets with treats, stickers and toys.

 The girls educated their aunts and uncles on princesses and convinced them to read them stories.
 We dyed Easter eggs and made a mess.  Easter eggs stress me out for some reason. I think it's because food coloring stains.  The girls adored making them and their eggs had layers of dye.  Red Fish did a pretty good job helping her little sister who chucks the eggs into the dye as hard as she can.  :)
We had a lovely Easter dinner and plenty of good food.  It was a great weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed being with family and watching conference.  I got some important parenting advice that will hopefully help to sustain me through the coming months.  I loved that they quoted the bumper sticker-

Don't judge me because I sin differently than you.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I love Conference Weekend--yours was busier than ours :) It's nice to have a weekend to ourselves, I think. I love that bumper sticker, too. See you Saturday!

The Studes said...

have you tried dying eggs with koolaid packets? It just may change your life :)

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Somers said...

My goodness, your little nephew N is cute! Looks like you all had a great weekend!

Post a Comment