Friday, March 25, 2011

Sledding

My Mom came out to watch us and took one run down the hill.

New Fish LOVED sledding, which is funny because she hasn't been too keen on playing in the snow. She laughed when we went down the hill and tried to carry her sled back up. It was adorable.
Red Fish was of course, a sledding maniac. She wants her Daddy to take her again tomorrow.

It's a little ridiculous that Red Fish has been skiing but she has never been sledding. We somehow made it through the whole winter without going sledding. So when there was a tiny tiny bit of snow outside today I decided to throw the girls in the car and go. It was a disaster at first. The dog (who needs me to pick up a prescription for him because he has bladder issues I thought he was over) "wee wee-d" on us and on the rug when we were getting ready. Half the snow clothes were spread to the four corners of the earth. Getting New Fish into her car seat was a nightmare. She does that stiff as a board mermaid pose like Ariel the Little Mermaid posing on a rock and it is impossible to bend her body. There were tears (mostly from me) and I thought we weren't going to make it down the street to the hill. But we finally made it and it was worth it. We had a blast and seeing their little faces after they realized what sledding was all about was priceless!

1 comments:

Linnea said...

You're such a fun mom!! And your mom is awesome taking a run down the hill with them--I can't remember my mother ever taking a ride down the hill with me. For that matter, I'm pretty sure my kids don't have a memory of their mother sledding with them. My idea of going sledding with the kids is driving them their and then sitting in the car with the heat on and reading a book while they sled. Maybe I should be more adventurous next winter...

Post a Comment