Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Weekend

I had the best weekend with Two Fish. We went to our play on Friday night and stayed in a fancy hotel downtown. Then we went skiing Saturday and went out to dinner. We went to look at the new laptops at the apple store. Not to actually purchase just to look. We saw Harry Potter finally. We don't see a lot of movies anymore because I don't usually think movies are worth the price of a babysitter. We went to an amazing brunch. I think I tried to eat myself to death. I had quiche, sushi, strawberry crepes and chocolate crepe, waffles, chicken, pasta salad and a peach smoothie. Two Fish practically had to roll me home after that meal. Best brunch ever!

It was so great to be able to spend two days with my husband uninterrupted. Thanks to my mother in law, my parents and a babysitter we were away for a little less than 48 hours.
We saw "In" by Bess Wohl. A young tutor named Sara has been working on her novel for five years. She tutors for the afluent Pammie and her son Jordy who she wants to get into Harvard. The dialog was funny and the three actors in the play were great. They nailed the characters perfectly. I liked it better than the Bess Wohl play we saw last year.

I wish the characters hadn't become quite so black and white in the end. I think it would have been more interesting if the rich people hadn't turned out to be straight up evil. I thought the play was sharper and wittier when they were still kind of all in the gray area.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Sounds like you had a very epic weekend!

Post a Comment