Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Beginnings Of Easter Decorations

I'm worried because Easter isn't until the end of next month. The girls LOVE to make Holiday decorations and the Easter decor is well under way by now. By the end of April, my whole house may be covered in Easter egg shaped artwork.Last night, the girls used liquid watercolors in bingo bottles to decorate some "eggs." I thought the bingo bottles would help contain the mess but Red Fish figured out how to make all of the paint leak out by squeezing the bottles hard. Right now, our artwork is still being done in the bathtub just before bath time. It's messier because they tend to start body painting and they feel like they can make a mess in the tub. It's so much easier to clean up though, so we stick with it. Please warm weather- come soon!
This will probably go up in our front window to replace the watercolor paintings from February that have faded in the sun.
There are also a bunch of collaged foam eggs covering our front door. The shamrocks will need to come down soon.

The girls came home smelling like dirt tonight. Earlier we went to the dinosaur museum, lunch, speech, naps and then the playground. It was a good day but I'm tired. Soon the smell of dirt will be joined by sunscreen. Warmer weather will be here soon! Can you tell I have cabin fever?

1 comments:

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

I love all of your different craft ideas! I wish I was more creative.

Post a Comment