Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mask Night

Tonight we made masks in cub scouts. We made "clown masks" that they drew on and paper mache masks with construction paper. I didn't want to paint them later so we just made them colorful to begin with. New Fish colored one for awhile but got bored. Red Fish was right next to all of the boys the whole time copying everything they did. She loves cub scouts. It's kind of fun to watch her do projects next to them because she copies a lot of things that they do. I have a tendancy to tie some kind of art project or drawing into a lot of activities because it keeps them focused on our goal for the night. Plus, it plays to my strengths. I may not be the leader that will great with tying knots or building a bird house, but hopefully they are getting some good out of all of these projects!

On an unrelated note- it snowed today. We were so desperate to run around and play, we went to a fast food play place and played. That in my book is a signal of desperation since I have only taken Red Fish one other time before New Fish was born. We actually had a good time and Lovely N and Kid A came to join us. Yesterday we went to the dinosaur museum to play in the dirt. I'm running out of indoor fun.

2 comments:

Blogful said...

Cool craft! It's ironic to me that you went to a playground at a fast food place to avoid winter, because it's the same thing we do in August to avoid summer!

The Clem Family said...

Keep posting the fun things you do in cub scouts because I am now a cub scout leader!

Post a Comment