Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Concert


Red Fish went to Doo's trombone choir again tonight. It has been a month of concerts. First the symphony, then her cousin E had a recital and then the trombones tonight. She was really good during the music. She was quiet and only clapped at the appropriate times. Aside from a case of the wiggles (due to the fact that she is only three) she has fabulous concert manners! She had to wear her tiara to the concert to make sure that everybody knew she was a "pretty princess."

The whole way home she serenaded us with songs she made up on the spot. It was pretty funny. We've reached this new phase in communication where she tells me stories and mimicks things I have said to her. For example, during nap time today she kept calling me to let her out to play. I kept responding: "Take a nap!" Then she yelled back: "Mommy! I hear you. I understand. Please don't say it again!" Hmmm.... where has she heard that before?

We have some extremely exciting news on the speech front. I will wait until tomorrow when I get all of her test results back, but there have been some huge improvements.

1 comments:

Linnea said...

I love the "Mommy I hear you, I understand, please don't say it again." I still find myself saying things like that!

And FYI--we don't live that far apart! We could get together and have a slipcover party this summer. I could try to get some practice on my stuff ahead of time or maybe just through one of my chairs in the Expedition and drive it and my machines to your house--we could have a great time...

Post a Comment