Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where I've Been

I caught the girls pretending to check a proof the other day. It made me laugh when they kept pointing things out for each other and acting like they were carrying on serious business. Then they got their toy laptops out and worked for awhile. I guess they've been watching mommy pretty carefully.
They went down this slide about 100 times holding hands and laughed their heads off every time. Such funny little friends.
It looks like I am holding her up in this picture but I'm not bearing any of her weight. She can go across the monkey bars repeatedly without falling off once.
A picnic with Mimi
I'm not sure why I haven't felt much like blogging lately. Just in a bit of a funk I guess. Sometimes a mom just has to do what we can handle at the moment. With the warm weather the last few weeks what I can handle has been a whole lot of playing outside and riding bikes with the girls. We've payed with friends and been to the playground and aquarium a lot. I've also been working a lot. Making the rounds of the daily appointments for swimming lessons and speech appointments has worn me out. So it's just work, play with girls and crash at night. My to do list has gotten so long that I dare not even look at it but I'm trying to just concentrate on the important things and it has given me a sort of tunnel vision.

New Fish has learned to shout No and Ba (which is how Red Fish says stop.) She shakes her head at me but can't do it without shaking her whole body. It's hilarious. Any time she hears some music she does this funny little dance and hops around. She is completely mischievous and we call her baby destructo because she is into everything all the time. She has this glint in her eye when she walks around and it's obvious she is looking for trouble. She wants to do everything that her big sister does and CANNOT understand that she is smaller and younger than Red Fish.

Red Fish's speech is getting better everyday. She is kind of enjoying working on her exercises everyday. She is turning into a fish she is swimming so well. She can swim all the way across the pool by herself except for a few reminders to flip on her back to breathe. I love to watch her play make believe. Her games are getting more elaborate. She has started trying to teach New Fish a lot of little things. It's sweet. Red Fish has become very attached to her little friend C who lives a few doors down from us. She refers to him as "my buddy" because his name is hard to pronounce.

I went shopping for my birthday a week and a half ago (my birthday is next month but my Mom will be out of town) with my Mom and Two Fish took care of the girls all day. He took them hiking, bike riding, to the farm, to the park, for a walk and read them stories. I think it's clear those two little girls have their daddy wrapped around their fingers. I think they were almost sorry to see me come home.

So that's it. Just caught up in life.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Wow, you've been very busy! And, I can't believe how much bigger and cuter your kids are getting!

Post a Comment