Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Doesn't Two Fish look thrilled to have his face painted? He isn't into dressing up for Halloween. He has only done it twice in the ten years I have known him. (Just for me when we've had Halloween parties.)
After I drew Red Fish's clown face on she insisted that Two Fish and I needed some makeup as well. How often does a little girl get to draw on her parent's faces?
It was rainy and yucky for trick or treating so we decided to go to the mall to trick or treat. It was a bad idea. The girls hated it and I think I might have hated it more. It was crowded and crazy and the girls were tired and cranky and I was stressed. A delightful combo. We had much more fun handing out candy at home.
The bright spot of visiting the mall is always riding the carousel. Good thing Grandma came with us.
After the mall we headed straight home (serenaded by screams) and started working on our pumpkins.
First we sliced one open and played with the guts for awhile.
Then we broke out the paints and the girls decorated the pumpkins. They loved this. I'm going to have to get used to having two messy art makers inside this winter. It's a little more complicated but hopefully I'm up for the challenge.
New Fish painted her head along with the pumpkin. Overall, not our best Halloween evening but we had a lot of fun throughout the week and once we got back home the girls were happy. Next year, more painting- less mall.

3 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Hopefully, the weather will be a lot better next year. I do think Red probably had a blast painting Mom and Dad's faces, though; how cute!

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

They look darling! I am sorry hear trick or treating was a bust!

Linnea said...

I love trick-or-treating in the neighborhood because it's fun to see the other kids and neighbors we don't see often. You're a fun Mom--painting in the house sounds crazy!

Post a Comment