Saturday, October 30, 2010

Murder At The Four Deuces







Last night one of my friends and I hosted a murder mystery dinner. We each invited a few couples so nobody knew everyone there. It was a 1920s themed speakeasy full of mobsters and flappers. It was a blast. We could steal, blackmail and commit murders. I've discovered that the key to hosting a murder mystery party is to make a complete fool of myself from the beginning so nobody else feels stupid. Acting and making myself the center of attention like that takes me pretty far out of my comfort zone but I end up having a lot of fun. Everybody was good sports and we had a lot of fun spreading gossip and rumors. I think this party was a lot more fun than the pirate themed one we did three years ago because there was no script, just a booklet of secrets that everyone got and then they had to just run with it. I had a lot of fun designing stuff for the party. I hardly ever design things just for fun. Since we don't drink alcohol, I had prohibition themed soft drinks. They were pretty fun.



5 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Thank you sooo much for inviting us! Brian and I had a blast! Hope to do it again real soon!

Somers said...

Hey, thanks for putting up some pictures. Everything looked great. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Blogful said...

How fun! We host a murder mystery dinner every year also, but took a break this year. Where did you get your game? I am always looking for new ones to play. New Years Eve is another great time to murder!

One Fish said...

The game is from dinnerandamurder.com it was great!

Joanna said...

sooo freaking awesome!!! Love the costumes... wish I were there!! Your invites rocked!

Post a Comment