Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sometimes things don't work out like I plan






In between sessions of the LDS General conference, I had this grand idea to rolls balls through paint to experiment with color mixing with the girls. I had this carboard box so that the balls would stay inside and not make too much of a mess. Unfortunately, the textured balls didn't roll well in the paint and they were too light to move the paint far. After about thirty seconds of trying to get the paint to move, both girls dove right into the box. It became more of a paint slip and slide. They were sliding across the box on their bellies and skating around in bare feet. It was hysterical. I'm just glad the weather is still warm enough to use the hose for cleanup and that washable paint really does wash out. I wanted to get pictures of their painted faces and bodies after we were done but the camera battery died and I was too busy running away from them while they chased me with their blue and red hands. I love that my reaction was to laugh and Two Fish's reaction was to get the video camera. I guess we will never be accused of not letting our kids get dirty. It turned into a great lesson in color mixing by the way.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are two super cute and messy little girls!! What fun.

Lisa said...

I think it's great! I think it's sad how many parents don't let their kids paint, or play with playdough, etc. because "it's too messy".

The Clem Family said...

I really need to be more like you; I get anxiety when I think about messes.

Kathryn said...

They will never forget having the time of their lives. (Neither will you.) :o)

Gregg Sorensen Family said...

I love it! It reminds me of the art project we did this summer, way fun!

Richinsrock said...

You really are a dang cute mom!

Post a Comment