Friday, March 5, 2010

Zoo Keeper

New Fish had an epic blowout this morning. I was upstairs trying to take her clothes off without anything going up her nose and give her a bath. I got her somewhat cleaned up and I heard a huge bang downstairs followed by a door opening. I looked out the window and there was Red Fish streaking naked through eight inches of snow in the backyard with the dog running circles around her and they were both screaming at the top of their lungs. I went down there, ran barefoot after them, brought them inside and managed to get a diaper on Red Fish (who I should mention had already wet the floor once today after her bath.) The dog beat me upstairs and grabbed the poopy diaper and clothes and shredded the diaper all over the room making a fantastic mess. I tried to blockade Red Fish in the toy room but she of course escaped, ran downstairs and emptied my pantry (by climbing the shelves) all over the kitchen floor. She also emptied several cabinets while I was trying to depoopify my house. Then when I finally got everyone calm (including myself) and tried to get some lunch out I opened the fridge and saw a bag of melted popsicles (among other things) all over my fridge. Red Fish broke my child lock and learned how to open the fridge and freezer yesterday. * Insert tears here.* This all happened in the course of about an hour.

The monkeys have overtaken the zoo and the zoo keeper is about to go on strike.

9 comments:

CassiLou said...

Keep your chin up babe! I promise it'll get better. When they are bigger you can keep them in their rooms a lot easier AFTER they have made even BIGGER messes. (Insert my child flooded the bathroom to the point it leaked through the ceiling). ((((HUGS)))) you are doing AWESOME

JoandDoug said...

What a morning! This makes my ketchup mess from last summer not seem like too much. I love how we're told to treasure these moments. I'm pretty sure they weren't referring to times like these. I want these to be the times I forget and not cherish forever!

Lisa said...

Oh, I can so relate! I'm sorry!

The Clem Family said...

Yes, I too, roll my eyes at the people who tell you to cherish these times, but after mornings like that, how can you? I guess you just try and cherish the good times which can be few and far in between and try to deal with the craziness the best you can. You're an awesome mom! Hang in there; this too shall pass!

Blogful said...

I have to admit, that is the biggest mess I have ever heard of. I'd just pack up and move. When I had days like this (though not this exciting) I would call my mom and cry and she'd say, "It only gets easier from here."

Nancy said...

Here is my thought for the day.

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie Hinckley

Maybe in a week you can laugh about all of this. That certainly was a morning!

Linnea said...

Days like these are great to use in the future when Red Fish will be 12 and everyone thinks she is and always has been perfect.

You're doing great! And for the record, I never believe in "cherishing" these either. I'm more the use it to keep them humble later type. I always had to tell myself over and over in my head "I will not hurt her" meaning the person telling me to enjoy these times because they grow up so fast. There are plenty of other moments to cherish.

Somers said...

I have days like this all the time right now too. Hopefully it really does get easier from here. Maybe just easier to clean up after...

Richinsrock said...

Oh the stories you can tell. Through all the tears and destroyed food it does get funny later. If you figure out how to stop your child from getting into the fridge let me know. I caught both my girls eating a tub of sour cream today. For real! I am sorry and will cry with you.

Post a Comment