Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Proud Day For Mamma

Today has been a crazy day full of art at our house. First thing Red Fish did after breakfast was start plundering through the art supplies. Usually I will set certain supplies out or demonstrate something fun and then let her go crazy. Today she had plans of her own. She got all of her own things out, set up and created her own projects without any help at all. In fact when I tried to move something for her I got quite the verbal lashing. This was HER project. I found it completely fascinating to watch her work. I was one proud Mommy today.
While I was cooking dinner, Red Fish got out side walk chalk, miscellaneous collage items, stickers and card board and went to town.
She started out with stamps and stamp pads and covered a big sheet of paper, then she drew all over it with markers and shredded the paper. I was a little sad she had destroyed it but then she asked for a glue stick and glued all the little pieces onto another piece of paper. I really love this one.
Red Fish used google eyes, feathers, shredded paper, sequins, and foam stickers stuck on paper with strips of cut up contact paper. (I think she wanted to use packing tape but this is cheaper.) The only thing I did was cut up the strips for her and stick them on the side of her table.

4 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Quite the little artist you've got there!

Unknown said...

You are a brave momma too! It looks like she had a blast. Have I mentioned I love your header?

Blogful said...

How to raise an artist 101.

Nancy said...

What are a smart and talented kid. Im amazed at how fast kids learn things they are interested and excited about. Today Josh was hitting a ball with a bat when we pitched it to him. I wish we could see what our kids dream about at night. It would likely be art and balls.

Post a Comment