Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reasons For Red Fish To Get Out Of Bed

I forgot to kiss her stuffed turtle.
The blankets aren't pulled up right.
Her blankie isn't where she needs it.
She needs a drink.
She needs an extra hug.
She needs a song.
Her sock is twisted.
She hears her sister making noises.
She has an owie from yesterday that needs to be kissed.
She is hungry.
She didn't say goodnight to the dog.
She needs another story.
She wants to sing me a song.
She wants her back scratched.
She wants to give me another kiss goodnight.
She wants to sleep in my room.
She wants Mommy to put her to bed.
She wants Daddy to put her to bed.
She wants to play a game.
She wants to sleep "in bubba's room."
Her stuffed bear fell out of the bed and needs to be tucked back in properly.
Her pillow isn't fluffed.
She wants to see what we are doing without her.
She can't find her music player.
She wants to sleep with a book.
She thinks now is the perfect time for a piano solo.

And one thousand other reasons. Silly girl.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I hear you on this one! Josh is going through the same thing. He throws his ball out to get us to come pick it back up, then he throws his blankets out, then he wants more juice, then he wants to be rocked, then he wants a book... on and on. I usually just let him yell for us for 20 minutes or so until he puts himself to sleep. I cant keep up with him otherwise!!

The Clem Family said...

That's pretty similar to the list of reasons why my kids can't stay in bed!

Lei said...

She's got your number! Lol.

Lisa said...

Hee hee, that's cute!

Richinsrock said...

I love it! You have to just smile and know that someday we will wish they things would be that simple to fix right.

Linnea said...

Good times! I wish I could say that gets better as they get older and maybe it does...but only marginally.

Post a Comment