Wednesday, March 17, 2010

6 Months



Where has the time gone? I can't believe my little baby is six months old. She is such a great addition to our family. I love her sweet little smile. I took her to the peditrician for her shots today and it just about broke my heart to see the look of shock and horror on her face when they gave her the shots. She looked at me like a complete traitor. She is such a sweet little thing, I hate to see her get so upset.

Here are some things about her at six months-
• She is getting chubby fast. She is up to the 50th percentile for height and weight and weighs in at 14 lbs. 14 ounces and 25.75 inches tall. Her head is 42.5 cm. I'm completely shocked she got so big so fast. I adore her chubby legs and double chin.
• She is very happy. The only time she gets a little whiny is when she is hungry or tired.
• She has totally rejected solid food so far. I just get it spit all over me. I'm hoping she will give in soon and eat so she can start sleeping through the night.
• She is completely in love with her sister and happily welcomes late night visits to snuggle in the crib. Today I caught Red Fish even trying to change New Fish's diaper.
• She is getting very steady at sitting up and can stay up for several minutes at a time. (I know this seems like a funny thing to be so proud of but I just love seeing their little milestones.) She can even bend over and pick up a toy while sitting.
• She is a rolling machine! She rolls all over the room now.
• She is a snuggler. She would love to be held, kissed, and cuddled all day long.
• She loves to take baths.
• She is a slobbery baby. She soaks her shirt and bib through on an hourly basis.
• She has the biggest, brightest eyes and fabulous eye lashes.
• She loves to be tickled (especially by her sister) and laughs and laughs.
• Her lower lip still quivers when she is sad.
• She is getting very into being read to at night. She tries to hold the book.
• She LOVES to jump in her exersaucer and can really get it bouncing.
• She always wants to have a rattle of some sort in hand.
• She has a new coating of fuzz all over her head and it looks blond right now.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I cant believe she's 6 months! This stage of life really does go by so quickly. Love her chubby legs!

Linnea said...

She's getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks...

The Clem Family said...

She is so dang cute! I wanna squish her!!

Lisa said...

She's adorable!

Just so you know... eating solids didn't help either of my kids sleep through the night. They start solids, but they also start teething, crawling, etc.

Mindi said...

She's a cutie too-I can't believe how fast she is growing! (Ok, maybe I can) It always goes sooo fast!!

AshleeBashlee said...

My sister in law Nicole puts a scoop or two of rice cereal in her baby's bed time bottle with the formula so it feels him up more so he can sleep better. I don't really know anymore about it, I just know that Trace a certain bottle that is his bed time bottle because the nipple has to have a bigger hole then the rest of the bottles because the rice cereal makes it thicker

Post a Comment