Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music Class


We went to a little music class at the library today for kids up to age three. 30 kids were all sitting in their mother's laps calmly doing the actions to the songs. Red Fish stood in the middle of the circle and shook her groove thing the whole time. They even brought out a big ring the kids need to hold on to for one of the songs and Red Fish climbed into the middle of that and danced. At least she enjoyed herself! They had sticks to beat together, and shakers, and scarves and balls and Red Fish danced with all of them. About five minutes before the end of class she ripped off her romper (so fast you wouldn't believe it) and streaked through the class. Lovely. I had to chase her down and force her outfit back down. I kinda thought the whole thing was pretty comical (aside from when I couldn't get her clothes back on) but there were a few moms who gave me dirty looks. What am I supposed to do? Force her to sit down through a toddler music class? She wasn't hurting anything or really even interrupting. Plus she has a great sense of rhythm!

1 comments:

Linnea said...

I hate frowny moms. I used to be a frowny mom like that until my kids started acting normal. I think streaking through the library is a classic!

Post a Comment