Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby Room

My whole plan to decorate a room a month in my house pretty much fell apart after the first room. I realized I had no money after moving and I also had no energy or motivation after I became pregnant. I'm trying to get back on track a little bit and have been working on Red Fish's room (which will become New Fish's room later.) I painted these same fish to match all of the bedding- most of which is in the closet because Red Fish doesn't need it anymore- in our old house. I was pretty sad to leave them behind. It took me awhile to get excited about painting them again but I had a sudden urge to do it last week so I threw a five minute pencil drawing on the wall and went to town with the aid of my tiny one year old assistant. The fish aren't nearly as meticulously painted as the last time but I think they turned out okay considering I was painting with a toddler. The best part is the only thing I had to buy for this room was some sponge paint brushes - I had all of the paint etc from our old house. Now I just have to do a big girl room for Red Fish and work on organizing the toy room. Time seems to be racing past and I have a lot of projects in mind.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

That is such a fun room! You can come paint on my walls any time you feel like it.

Mia said...

The wall looks amazing, and I'm sure new fish will love it!

Steph said...

That's the cutest! You sound like you're making excuses for it looking bad, but I'm not seeing it. You're amazing.

Richinsrock said...

Your amazing, how in the world did you paint those. They look so good. Your so crafty.

Post a Comment