Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Week

New Fish

Red Fish
 We attempted to make cornicopias out of salt dough today.  I think they turned out pretty great.  I made one along with the girls.  We may have to try some sculptures where they follow along with me in the future.  It worked out really well.  We rolled out big snakes and then coiled them up to make the cornicopia and then made little pieces of food to go inside.  Red Fish's has a popsicle, a squash, a loaf of bread, an apple, a banana, and an orange. 
I made these little felt turkies based on this.  The girls and I have been using them to play games, sing turkey songs and tell stories.  We spent an hour today making up stories about how the turkey got his rainbow feathers as we put them on and off.   The girls have come up with some pretty crazy adventures for our turkey friends.

Five Little Turkeys


Five little turkeys standing at the door,
One waddled off, and then there were four.

Four little turkeys sitting near a tree,
One waddled off, and then there were three.

Three little turkeys with nothing to do,
One waddled off, and then there were two.

Two little turkeys in the morning sun,
One waddled off, and then there was one.

One little turkey better run away,
For soon it will be Thanksgiving Day. 

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater


Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
Had a wife but couldn't keep her,
Put her in a pumpkin shell,
And there he kept her, very well.

I'm a Little Pumpkin

 tune of "I'm a Little Teapot"


I'm a little pumpkin
Orange and round.

Here is my stem,
I grew in the ground.

When I get all cut up,
Don't you shout!

Just open me up
And scoop me out!

Mr. Pumpkin

tune of "Where is Thumbkin"
Mr. Pumpkin,
Mr. Pumpkin,

Round and fat.
Round and fat.

Harvest time is coming.
Harvest time is coming.

Yum, yum, yum.
That is that!

Albuquerque Turkey

Tune of "Darling Clementine"
Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
and he's absolutely mine.

He's the best pet that you can get..
Better than a dog or cat.
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that.

He once told me, very frankly
He preferred to be my pet,
Not the main course at my dinner,
And I told him not to fret.

And my Albuquerque turkey
Is so happy in his bed,
'Cause for our Thanksgiving dinner...
We had egg foo yong instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment