Saturday, November 26, 2011

Decorating The Tree

 If my house were on fire, my Christmas ornaments would be one of the things I would grab on my way out the door.  They are one of my top five irreplaceable items.  I love collecting them and I love that they are from all different years and places. No designer trees for me. I insist on buying one (one for each of us that is) on every vacation.  I start collecting them in January.  It just about kills me if the tree doesn't go up the day after Thanksgiving and I hate taking it down.

My kids are starting to get in on the excitement.  It almost sends me into apocalyptic fits to allow them to help me put the ornaments on.  I am terrified they are going to ruin them. I also think it's important that they get to be a part of putting up the tree.  So I suffer with (mostly) silent seizures while we put the tree up.  The girls ooh and ahh over each trinket.  They dress up in Christmas jammies and try their very best to be careful.  So far, nothing has been permanently broken. I love my kids even more than my ornaments.



4 comments:

Blogful said...

So, the next obvious question I must ask is how you store them? My collection is getting out of hand and--like you--I would freak out if they were broken.
My tree is not yet up and this post made me so excited!

Richinsrock said...

Oh they will break a few of them, but I just always think it's ok I can't take them with me as I count to 10 and try not to scream. I think the most important thing is, that you are creating memories with them and being a dun mom.

One Fish said...

I switched to one of those tupperware ornament boxes last year with the cardboard inserts. I still wrap most of them and put two or three in a slot if they are small. I'm going to need another box this year though.

The Clem Family said...

It IS a fun memory for the kids to help decorate the tree! Your kids are so cute and I'm lovin' your pics!!

Post a Comment