Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Red Fish's 4th Birthday!

 My cute friend "Buddy Mommy" pretty much planned the day for us.  She gets all the credit for planning Red Fish's birthday.  We had a fish day (with extra rainbows.)  We got together this morning and played with fish puzzles and read a fish story.  We did a little fish art project and made paper plate fish. We ate fish crackers, fish sticks and Swedish fish.  I took the girls over to the school for lunch while I judged a little art contest.  Then we all headed over to the aquarium to see more fish. 
 Last night I made rainbow cupcakes for Red Fish with 6 colors of batter.  She adores rainbows and even insisted on wearing a rainbow outfit today.  She blew her candles out with her best buddies.  It took several tries but she got them all out.

 
We of course decorated the house for her birthday and had Red Fish's favorite meal for dinner fettuccine alfredo, peas and sour dough rolls.  We gave her a small kids digital camera for her birthday.  It is kind of a gift to both of us because hopefully she will stop using mine!  She ran all over the house taking pictures all night.

I cannot believe Red Fish is four.  I swear we just barely brought her home.  She is growing up too fast.  I want to shrink her down and do it again because being her Mother is so delightful.  She is so tender hearted and sweet.  She always hugs and snuggles me.  She is best friends with her little sister and I adore listening to their little games and hearing them run all over the house playing together.

Red Fish stopped napping a couple of months ago and now she has "quiet time."  She plays in the toy room or reads books to herself and gives me time to work.  She has played more with her toys than ever before and her imagination has really blossomed.  I think maybe she just didn't have a lot of time to play with toys before.  Her improved sense of make believe is really fun to watch.

She recently told me that I need to step it up in my hair-fixing abilities.  She told me I am making her look like "the funny kid." I am admittedly not talented with hair.  I can make cute hair accessories but her wild, curly, sweated on all night and played hard in all day hair is a mystery to me.  I didn't think I was doing too badly but I have been trying to pick up my game.

Asia absolutely LOVES to swim. She can swim all the way across an Olympic size pool without any help and she is getting really good at most of her strokes. It's pretty amazing. She has absolutely no fear.

Asia's true loves in life right now are riding her bike, swimming, art, reading & music. She loves her family and extended family and adores her friends.  She is really looking forward to skiing again this winter and she is loving preschool right now.

Most of all, I cannot imagine life without her.  My beautiful daughter who made me a mother.  She was meant for our family, an answer to so many prayers.

3 comments:

Somers said...

We love her too! I don't know what we'd do without you guys. I'm glad she had a great birthday.

The Clem Family said...

I'm not a big fan of how fast they grow, either! Red has come along way and she is one of THE cutest little girls I know! Happy Birthday, Red!

Nancy said...

What fun! Where did 4 years go? I just made a rainbow cake for my 24 year old sister as per her request. I guess some things are always fun for girls no matter their age.

Post a Comment