Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trees & Libraries

Today we made trees with fingerprint leaves.  Masking tape tress have been all over the internet but we only had painters tape so we decided to tear up pieces to make it look more organic.  The girls loved talking about the branches of the trees and sticking the pieces on.  We pressed their little fingers onto ink pads to make the leaves. A fun little project.

For the past few months we have been going to different parks on Thursdays.  Now that it is cold we decided to switch it to library day.  Sounds simple enough, but it's a big step for me.  I've been on a library strike for years.  I love libraries but keeping track of children's books and getting them in on time sounded like added stress in my life.  I took the girls to the library a couple of times right after New Fish was born and it went so badly that I swore it off.  We went back last week and the girls have had so much fun reading their "special" books of the week that I've decided to re-embrace the library.  Wish me luck.

1 comments:

The Clem Family said...

Our library does story time and they do a craft with the story. I used to take my older girls when they were little and they loved it! You should see if your library does something like that, but knowing you, you've probably already looked into it. Lol!

Post a Comment