Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Is Flying By

I've decided that the summer is flying by much too quickly again this year.  I'm trying to spend our days outside, playing with friends, running through sprinklers, painting and riding bikes.  That's the best part of being a little kid right?
During the summer, our projects don't follow a holiday theme or even a seasonal one really. Our projects stay more free and messy.  It's fabulous.  I put up a new batch of artwork all over the house today.  I try and change everything out once a month so they can display a lot of artwork and feel special.  There are dozens of watercolor paintings from the last month.  The windows, front door and fridge are COVERED!

I've had a lot of big projects for work lately so the girls have been spending a lot of time at the kitchen table with me.  They make collages and draw and "work" next to me.  It makes me happy to see them creating artwork along side me.  I feel lucky to be able to share that with them.  Plus it sure makes working a lot easier.  Notice I said easier, not easy!

2 comments:

The Clem Family said...

I agree, Summer is going way too fast! On the up side, football and hunting seasons are just around the corner!

Somers said...

I love that picture of those two in the car!

Post a Comment